Stacy Rossetti – a self-storage investor and teacher at the Super Secret Investors Society, talks to Neil Henderson and Brittany Henderson, the hosts of The Road to Family Freedom podcast. Stacy has spent the last several years systematizing and automating her storage facilities so that she can easily run them from her phone or tablet and only spend a few hours each week working on them. She teaches others not only how to find abandoned storage facilities, but how to buy them with little money down and no banks. Plus, she focuses on your six departments and teaches you how to manage them: office, marketing, acquisitions, finance, management, and liquidations.
- Key Lessons Learned: So much of acquiring a self-storage facility in a tertiary market is simply about building rapport with the owner. Get on Google Maps and start looking for the unmistakable footprint of storage facilities, find a way to contact the owners, and just call them.
- How did they acquire their knowledge or what knowledge did they need to acquire? Systematizing and Automation are the key. You don’t want to end up buying yourself a job, your goal is to buy yourself an investment or a business.
- How much money did it take to get started? She was able to get into her first facility without any of her own money. The deal was financed 100% by a private lender.
- How much time does it take now? Once a facility is up and running, it takes her husband about 8 hours per week to manage their multiple facilities.
- Could they do this strategy from anywhere in the world? Yes, when we spoke to Stacy she and her family were on an extended vacation in South Dakota, while most of their portfolio is in Georgia.
- Schedule a video chat with Neil Henderson at roadtofamilyfreedom.com/selfstoragecall
- Buying self-storage facilities with no money down using private lenders.
- Finding abandoned or run down self-storage facilities on satellite imagery on Google Maps.
- The six departments of running a self-storage business.
- The keys to running a self-storage business remotely from a smartphone or a tablet.
- And much more…
Books and Resources Mentioned
- The Road to Family Freedom: roadtofamilyfreedom.com
- Facebook: Stacy Teaches
- Self-Storage Courses from Stacy Rossetti
- Easy Storage Solutions
- If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes? It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests.
- For show notes and past guests, please visit roadtofamilyfreedom.com/episodes/
- Discover the tools and services we use, visit roadtofamilyfreedom.com/resources/