In this episode, we talk to Powell Chee about his start in real estate and why quickly he shifted into multi-tenant assets, the three main roles of a real estate syndication team, a key difference between residential and commercial lending that challenges many investors making the switch, and how to build relationships with commercial real estate brokers that last.
Powell Chee is a Los Angeles-based real estate investor who does all his investing out of state. After buying his first investment property in 2015, a single-family home in Kansas City, he came to the realization that one door at a time was not going to get him to his goals. Since 2017, Powell has partnered on 7 multifamily properties totaling over 1000 units. As Covid-19 affected the US in 2020, Powell shifted gears from multifamily and expanded his investments into self-storage. He closed his first self-storage property in January of 2021 and is operating it remotely.
In This Episode We Cover:
- How he got started investing in single-family rentals but quickly shifted into multifamily investing
- How he scaled from those early self-funded apartment communities into larger assets with groups of passive investors
- Why he shifted from investing in multifamily into self-storage investments
- Some tips on forming real estate partnerships
- And much more!
Books and Resources Mentioned:
- The Road to Family Freedom: roadtofamilyfreedom.com
- Website: www.multifamilymasters.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/powellbiz
- Twitter: @PowellChee
- If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes? It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests.
- For show notes and past guests, please visit roadtofamilyfreedom.com/episodes/
- Discover the tools and services we use, visit roadtofamilyfreedom.com/resources/