Fernando Angelucci – self-storage investor and co-founder of Titan Wealth Group talks to Neil Henderson and Brittany Henderson, co-hosts of The Road to Family Freedom podcast. Fernando got his start in real estate when he was just 23 on the residential side of the world with wholesaling small deals and acquiring residential rentals. He then went on to build a multi-family rental portfolio. Two years ago he made the switch to self-storage and has grown his self-storage portfolio to upwards of 260,000 square feet producing more than $550,000 in Net Operating Income per year and did it in less than 24 months.
In this episode, we are going to dig deep into how Fernando fills his funnel with self-storage deals, how he builds rapport with owners, and how he underwrites potential deals. If you have an interest in finding self-storage facilities to purchase, this high-level conversation is for you.
- Key Lessons Learned. First, build a marketing system that provides constant contact with potential sellers, starting with the cheapest method of contact, text messaging, then cold calling, then ramping up to the most expensive method of contact, direct mail. Second, this is all about building rapport with owners, and it takes a LOT longer than residential real estate. Expect to be building rapport for about six months.
- Schedule a video chat with Neil Henderson at roadtofamilyfreedom.com/storage
- How he has purchased 10 self-storage facilities in the past 24 months
- The types of facilities he and his partners are targeting
- The hub and spoke management model he is using to manage his facilities
- His initial process for a high-level initial look at a prospective facility
- And much more…
Books and Resources Mentioned
- The Road to Family Freedom: roadtofamilyfreedom.com
- Website: Titan Wealth Group
- Website: The Storage Stud
- Resource: Task Rabbit
- Resource: Fiverr
- Resource: Exact Data
- Resource: Lead Sherpa
- Resource: Skip Genie
- Resource: Radius Plus
- Resource: Yardi Matrix
- LinkedIn: Fernando Angelucci
- Twitter: @TheStorageStud
- Instagram: @TheStorageStud
- If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes? It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests.
- For show notes and past guests, please visit roadtofamilyfreedom.com/episodes/
- Discover the tools and services we use, visit roadtofamilyfreedom.com/resources/