Neil and Brittany Henderson – Real Estate Investors, Founders of Summer Sky Capital, and Co-Hosts of The Road to Family Freedom podcast, cover a subject that is fundamental to achieving financial freedom, BUDGETING. Neil and Brittany talk about their past struggles with budgeting and how the software and concepts taught by Jesse Mecham in You Need a Budget have transformed their financial lives and made budgeting fun and effective.
What you’ll learn about in this episode
- What you’ll learn about in this episode
- How Neil and Brittany budgeted in the past and why it didn’t work well
- Old way: Mix of envelope method and multiple bank accounts
- The challenge of “post-mortem” budgeting vs. “planning” budgeting
- Places were the envelope method of budgeting failed us
- New way: Introducing You Need a Budget
- The four rules of YNAB
- Give Every Dollar a Job
- Embrace Your True Expenses
- Roll with the Punches
- Age Your Money
- YNAB allows us to use our credit cards for travel rewards without fear of over spending
- How much does YNAB cost per year
Help Us Out!
Help us reach new listeners on iTunes by leaving us a rating and review! It takes just 30 seconds and instructions can be found here. Thank you so much! We really appreciate it!
- One Small Step Can Change Your Life: The Kaizen Way by Robert Maurer
- You Need a Budget by Jesse Mecham
Connect with Guest:
*FTC Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on the links, Road to Family Freedom will get a small commission. We are dedicated to finding the coolest products for families looking to building financial freedom through real estate and we never recommend anything that we don’t love.