Zach Quick – full-time self-storage investor primarily focused on value-add facilities in the midwest. Zach and his wife began their investing journey by building a residential/multi-family portfolio over 5 years before pivoting into self-storage. While expanding their residential/multi-family portfolio Zach worked for two Fortune 500 companies related to Retail and Staffing Management. After selling their residential portfolio and purchasing several self-storage properties Zach jumped into the role of investor full-time. Zach and his wife and their beautiful daughter reside in Northwest Arkansas.
In this episode, we get a rundown on Zach’s first self-storage deal, and how he has grown his portfolio to seven facilities in just two years.
- Key Lessons Learned: Pay attention to your limiting beliefs. The average person will tell themselves, it’s not possible for me to buy seven self-storage facilities in 24 months. If you tell yourself you can‘t do it, you won’t. Instead, ask yourself HOW could I do it? Also, remember, you don’t need to know everything before you get started. You will never know everything you need to know to proceed. It’s better to get started and learn as you go than to sit and try to learn everything before you take action.
- How did they acquire their knowledge or what knowledge did they need to acquire? He pretty much just listened to the BiggerPockets podcast as much as he could.
- How much money did it take to get started? $101,000 that he used as a down payment on a seller finance deal.
- How much time does it take now? It’s a full-time job but he loves it and he has control over his time.
- Could they do this strategy from anywhere in the world? Yes, as long as he had access to his phone and wifi, he could call who he needed to call to handle things on the ground.
- Schedule a video chat with Neil Henderson at roadtofamilyfreedom.com/selfstoragecall
- How he built a portfolio of residential real estate properties before switching to self-storage two years ago because he felt stuck in residential
- The power of consistent cash flow, forced appreciation, and value-add you get from commercial real estate
- The story of buying his first 37,000 square foot self-storage facility using owner finance
- How he is managing his self-storage facilities
- And much more…
Books and Resources Mentioned
- The Road to Family Freedom: roadtofamilyfreedom.com
- LinkedIn: Zach Quick
- Website: ZachQuick.com
- Facebook: Zach Quick
- If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes? It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests.
- For show notes and past guests, please visit roadtofamilyfreedom.com/episodes/
- Discover the tools and services we use, visit roadtofamilyfreedom.com/resources/
- Attend the 2021 Best Ever Conference