Mandy McAllister – a multifamily real estate investor, mindset ninja, eternal learner, coach, and dot connector talks to Neil Henderson and Brittany Henderson from The Road to Family Freedom podcast. Mandy followed volleyball to Mercer University in Georgia where she was awarded Top Graduate in Marketing. Soon after, she moved to Chicago to do a Masters in Economics and began work at the Board of Trade. Her professional career transitioned to Medical Device Sales where she was a perennial top performer. After many years of “chasing commission,” she has made it her mission to secure financial freedom for her family and others through syndications and coaching individuals to realize their personal potential.
As a real estate investor, her expertise includes repositioning underperforming assets to increase cash flow and value. She currently has a portfolio of 198 doors, primarily B- class workforce housing. Mandy has found success in college towns with student housing as well as urban centers. Her passion is to help others define their path to financial freedom especially women through her platform, Aspiring Women Achieving More.
We talk to Mandy about her first small multifamily purchase and the uncommon way she was able to increase cash flow, her definition of “forever money”, some bad recommendations she hears from other real estate investors, and why she finds a one million dollar loan to be the sweet spot for investing in multifamily.
- Key Lessons Learned. What do you want your life to look like once your real estate investment business is up and producing income? Reverse engineer how much income you want to be earning along with what your day to day life is going to look like once you’re earning that income and build a real estate portfolio that gives you that. Also, don’t be afraid to go where other investors won’t, that’s likely where the money is.
- How did they acquire their knowledge or what knowledge did they need to acquire? She needed to understand debt, especially the different kinds of commercial real estate loan options.
- How much money did it take to get started? $36,000 down on her first investment property.
- How much time does it take now? She is a full-time investor. This is a full-time job.
- Schedule a video chat with Neil Henderson at roadtofamilyfreedom.com/storage
- The details of her first small multifamily purchase and the uncommon way she was able to increase cash flow
- Her definition of “forever money”
- Some bad recommendations she hears from other real estate investors
- Why she finds a one million dollar loan to be the sweet spot for investing in multifamily
- And much more…
Books and Resources Mentioned
- The Road to Family Freedom: roadtofamilyfreedom.com
- Website: Mandy McAllister
- Facebook: Mandy McAllister
- Facebook Group: Aspiring Women Achieving More
- Resource: Financial Goals Calculator
- If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes? It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests.
- For show notes and past guests, please visit roadtofamilyfreedom.com/episodes/
- Discover the tools and services we use, visit roadtofamilyfreedom.com/resources/