Nick Prefontaine – real estate investor specializing in lease purchases, talks to Neil Henderson and Brittany Henderson, the hosts of The Road to Family Freedom podcast. Nick tells the story of how a snowboarding accident left him in a coma for three weeks, his journey to real estate investing which began with knocking on the doors of pre-foreclosures at age 16 and 17. As part of a family-run real estate business at Smart Real Estate Coach, Nick specializes in working with lease purchasers to get them into a home and on to the path of homeownership.
- Key Lessons Learned: Trust the process. One of the great things about real estate is that it is easy to replicate other’s success, especially if they have a process that you can follow. If they do, trust the process and stick to it. Also, don’t get too bogged down in the details. Focus on the next task in front of you. Do that task, learn from it, and then get on to the next task at hand.
- How did they acquire their knowledge or what knowledge did they need to acquire? He learned by doing. He came from a real estate family and got started knocking on doors of pre-foreclosures as a 16 to 17-year-old.
- How much money did it take to get started? About $1,000.
- How much time does it take now? It’s a full-time job as he is heavily involved in selling their inventory of homes using their lease-purchase strategy.
- Could they do this strategy from anywhere in the world? Yes, but it really requires an extensive team on the ground in the market. They often partner with students across the country.
- Schedule a video chat with Neil Henderson at roadtofamilyfreedom.com/selfstoragecall
- How a snowboarding accident left Nick in a coma for 3 weeks, and how he ran out of the hospital 3 months later
- How he got his start in real estate investing knocking on the doors of pre-foreclosures as a 16 and 17-year-old
- The power of being able to learn from a mentor by watching them work
- An explanation of what it means to buy and sell real estate “on terms”
- And much more…
Books and Resources Mentioned
- The Road to Family Freedom: roadtofamilyfreedom.com
- Book: Cashflow Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki
- Webinar: Real Estate On Your Terms
- Free Book: NewRulesforFree.com
- If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes? It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests.
- For show notes and past guests, please visit roadtofamilyfreedom.com/episodes/
- Discover the tools and services we use, visit roadtofamilyfreedom.com/resources/