Travis Watts – Director of Investor Relations at Ashcroft Capital, talks to Neil Henderson and Brittany Henderson, the hosts of The Road to Family Freedom podcast. Travis is a full-time passive investor. He has been investing in real estate since 2009 in multi-family, single-family, and vacation rentals. Travis has invested in over 28 passive syndications between 14 different firms. Travis now dedicates his time to educating others in the world of investing and has made it his mission to share passive investment strategies in order to help others achieve and maintain wealth in real estate.
- Key Lessons Learned: Focus on evaluating the operator/sponsor before evaluating the deal: what’s their track record? Do you know them? Does their investing philosophy align with yours?
- How did they acquire their knowledge or what knowledge did they need to acquire? He just learned by doing. He networked with several syndicators and placed $50,000 with one that he got to know.
- How much money did it take to get started? $50,000, which is typical of the minimum for most syndications.
- How much time does it take now? His passive investments take very little time once he has signed all the paperwork and submitted his funds.
- Could they do this strategy from anywhere in the world? Yes! This very location independent.
- Schedule a video chat with Neil Henderson at roadtofamilyfreedom.com/selfstoragecall
- The One Thing More Important to a Real Estate Syndication than the Actual Deal
- The Importance of Placing Your Capital with An Operator Who Specializes in Their Specific Asset Class
- Key Lessons Learned from Some of His Early Passive Investments
- The Key Metric that will Likely Determine the Success or Failure of a Multifamily Investment
- And much more…
Books and Resources Mentioned
- The Road to Family Freedom: roadtofamilyfreedom.com
- A free 15-Minute Q&A with Travis @ www.calendly.com/traviswatts and a free PDF Guide “Understanding Real Estate Private Placements”
- Facebook: Passive Investor Tips
- Ashcroft Capital
- Instagram: @PassiveInvestorTips
- If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes? It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests.
- For show notes and past guests, please visit roadtofamilyfreedom.com/episodes/
- Discover the tools and services we use, visit roadtofamilyfreedom.com/resources/