Mike Sjogren – Co-Owner of Occupied and Short Term Rental Secrets, talks to Neil Henderson, the host of The Road to Family Freedom podcast. Mike Sjogren started off as a CPA, built a successful architectural photography studio, developed a short term rental co-hosting (management) company with over 25 properties, and recently became the owner of a boutique hotel in a beach community on the New England shore. Mike is experienced with systematizing, automating, and scaling short term rental properties and teaches his system at Short Term Rental Secrets.
- Key Lessons Learned: When trying to automate or cut costs, focus on the customer experience. Put yourself in their shoes and try to figure out the questions and pain points they might have.
- Schedule a video chat with Neil Henderson at roadtofamilyfreedom.com/selfstoragecall
- His journey from short term rental manager and an explanation of the different ways to get into short term rentals
- The size of his short term rental management portfolio
- Cautions on how quickly you can be overwhelmed managing multiple rentals
- The effects of the pandemic on the short term rental market
- The story of buying a boutique hotel and turning it into an unmanned AirBnB hotel
- And much more…
Books and Resources Mentioned
- The Road to Family Freedom: roadtofamilyfreedom.com
- The Cove at Rockport
- Facebook: TheAirBnbGuy
- Instagram: TheAirBnBGuy
- Short Term Rental Secrets
- Occupied Now
- If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes? It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests.
- For show notes and past guests, please visit roadtofamilyfreedom.com/episodes/
- Discover the tools and services we use, visit roadtofamilyfreedom.com/resources/