Anam & Aamir Hashambhai – co-founders of Opulent Realty talk to Neil Henderson and Brittany Henderson, the hosts of The Road to Family Freedom podcast. Anam and Aamir are a Dallas, TX-based husband and wife team who purchased their first investment property three years ago with their entire savings. Three years later they have a few million under management and show no signs of slowing down. They currently have 15 units purchased through the BRRRR Strategy and they are looking to get to 20 by the end of the year.
- Key Lessons Learned: Have very well defined acquisition criteria, this allows you to very quickly screen properties for whether or not you should dig deeper.
- How did they acquire their knowledge or what knowledge did they need to acquire? They had to learn how to determine good areas to invest in. This led them to develop a screening system they call A.R.E.A. (Area, Retail, Education, ARV). Meaning they look for nice areas with decent employment, near retail, near good schools, with properties that they can acquire for 55-65% of After Repair Value.
- How much money did it take to get started? About $120,000 to fund the cash purchase of their first deal, that they then did a cash-out refinance on.
- How much time does it take now? During acquisition, it takes about 40-50 hours per week, but once a property is up and running, it’s more like 1 hour per week.
- Could they do this strategy from anywhere in the world? Yes
- Schedule a video chat with Neil Henderson at roadtofamilyfreedom.com/selfstoragecall
- How Anam and Aamir pooled together their life savings along with some credit cards to fund the purchase and rehab of their first single-family rental
- The details of that first single-family rental investment
- How they find their deals through wholesalers but avoid being overwhelmed by the flow of deals
- Their system for quickly analyzing a deal for whether they should proceed
- And much more…
Books and Resources Mentioned
- The Road to Family Freedom: roadtofamilyfreedom.com
- Instagram: @rehabrental
- Resource: Buildium
- Resource: Bigger Pockets Podcast
- If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes? It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests.
- For show notes and past guests, please visit roadtofamilyfreedom.com/episodes/
- Discover the tools and services we use, visit roadtofamilyfreedom.com/resources/
- Attend the 2021 Best Ever Conference